Saturday, June 23, 2007

Starbucks to introduce salads

Every time I go to Starbucks here in JoMo, I want to order a muffin. But, I must go at the wrong time or something because my muffins are always half frozen. And I keep wondering if I will ever be able to purchase anything healthy, other than a banana, at Starbucks.

Incidentally, there is a new one going in next to I-44, on my way to work. This is not good for my hips, or my wallet.

But, my hopes have come to fruition, as Starbucks will be introducing salads, yogurt, and fruit/veggie snack plates. Still not good for my wallet, but I'm going for fast food anyway, this may be a better choice than McDonalds.

On a side note, I really miss having Dioko Coffe Co., and I'm sure most of the people my age in JoMo would agree. That was stellar coffee, and great atmosphere. I have trouble admitting that I go to Starbucks, because I was spoiled by Dioko. But unless someone can point me to a coffeehouse close to my home, or anywhere in JoMo for that matter, then it'll be Starbucks for lnch.

2 comments:

Marley said...

I can't believe this, but I'm in love with the new iced coffee at McDonalds. It's really delicious, and low-calorie.

But I desperately miss Dioko as well. Isadora's is decent, but not great.

Mia Kaye said...

I love McDonalds Iced Coffee as well. And it's healthier than other drinks that I might opt for.