Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Frito's in recipes?

I was asking some family for recipes this weekend. I'm really going to try to Grandma Kaye's spaghetti sauce recipe. It's the most fabulous thing ever, and the whole family drools at the mere mention of it. Anyway, "GranJan" told me about 2 summer recipes involving Frito's. And my mind went back to episodes of King of the Hill for some reason. Now, I'm city folk, especially compared to GranJan, who hails from Arkansas. As far as I'm concerned, we city slickers eat Fritos from the bag with French Dip, not out of the oven, so I didn't really place her advice in my memory. But I feel bad for passing this off so easily, since, after all, Fritos are a valid food item.

So I ask you, my few and far between readers, how do you feel about Frito pie, or other Friro-related recipes? Do you have any that you can share? Feel free to send me an email using the contact link, or directly to miasimplycooks@gmail.com.

No comments: