Tuesday, June 26, 2007

About me

Since I jumped into this blog on a whim, I've neglected to properly introduce myself. So here's a little about me and my life. Starting with the most basic stuff.

I'm 24 years old. August 17th is my birthday, so don't forget my present. I'm married to my high school sweetheart/love of my life. He's a musician, philosopher, mailman, paperboy, avid learner. We have 2 boys, ages 2 and 4 months, who give our life meaning and bring everything together.

I work full-time for an internet collectible toy company. We're one of the most successful online retailers in the business. I enjoy my job, as an escape and something to occupy my mind, as well as an excuse to see people other than my kids. But, this is not where I want to be my whole life.

I've often found myself, as many people have, lost as to what to do with life. Many times I'd try something and be good at it, but most things just don't hold my interest. So I decided that I want to cook. But there are no decent culinary schools around here, and moving away just isn't an option. So I'm forced to self-teach, which is what I've done since getting married anyway.

I'm not Julia Child, nor am I Chris Kimball or Rachel Ray. But I do have a small bit of expertise, albeit sometimes simple. So, I wanted to create this blog to vent some of my tips, food news that I find, and to help along even the most basic cooks. I don't use fancy, uncommon products. Many of my recipes come from Kraft. But Occasionally I'll become daring and try something never done before. For those, you will want to keep coming back. I rarely mess up my improvisations.

Hopefully to come this week:
Crock Pot Sauerkraut
Panna Cotta (an Italian dessert resembling smooth ice cream)
Spring Spinach Salad (this one's very simple, and perfect for a potluck social event)

No comments: